Hugh’s Confirmation Weekend

I’m back! Here’s a full re-cap of my weekend in Pennsylvania!

On Friday, I left for the airport right after work. Apparently my flight was a little delayed… I’m not really sure what happened because I feel asleep while we were still on the runway and when I woke up we still hadn’t taken off? Time had definitely passed. Anyway, we didn’t get back to my family’s house until about 9:00. I meant to get to bed early because I was planning to run before my cousin’s confirmation in the a.m., but some more family members arrived later in the evening, and I was enjoying talking with everyone, so that didn’t really happen.

I woke up early Saturday morning to get my run on, and was surprised to discover how cold it was outside!! After borrowing a few extra layers, I was on my way. My family lives in rural area with lots of open fields, and the wind really picked up a few times, making it extra cold, but overall it was a good run! Following my training plan, I did 70 minutes, which came out to be 7.4 miles.

After showering and refueling, we were on our way to the church for my cousin’s confirmation. I wasn’t really sure what to expect as far as my role went for being his sponsor, but the whole process was very organized. I sat in my assigned seat, and filed out at the appropriate time to meet him so that he could be blessed by the bishop. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours(!), because it was basically a regular mass in addition to the confirmation of almost 100 kids! It was a very nice ceremony. I was so flattered when my cousin asked me to be his sponsor, and was happy to be there for him!

When the mass was over, we had our picture taken with the bishop.

We all joked that he looks destined to become a priest in this picture 😉

Afterward, we went to a neat restaurant for lunch with all of the family members who had come into town. The rest of the day was spent hanging out and catching up.

Later that night, I went to see my other cousin’s play, Mulan Jr. I had no idea that she was even in the show before I arrived in PA – I was super excited that I lucked out with the timing! It was a middle school production, and I was absolutely blown away by their performance. They were as professional as some of the high school productions I participated in! I was very proud of her. After the show, I chatted with my cousin in bed for a bit before crashing…hard. I was exhausted. 

Side Note: I tried these while I was at their house..DELICIOUS! Anyone ever had these? I must find a way to re-create.

Unfortunately, my flight was around noon on Sunday, which meant I didn’t get much time with my family before heading for the airport (I told you it was a quick weekend!).

Traveling home was a breeze, and I was psyched to step outside and discover the weather was beautiful! Later in the afternoon, I went for an easy 3 mile run around a local reservoir…there were SO many people out enjoying the day! I also took the opportunity to bring these guys back…

I was really into running these over the summer… but kind of stopped when winter came around. I was expecting to be sore today after such a long hiatus, but I wasn’t at all! I’m pumped to start running in them more frequently.

Okay, I think this post has gone on long enough and I need to get some shut-eye! I will share some recent funny kid quotes tomorrow 🙂

Day 12  – Fork
Featuring Angela’s Butternut Squash Mac ‘n’ Cheeze!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s