Hi guys, long time no chat! I’ll be back tomorrow (promise!) with a full post, but for now, I have a special post!
This month I participated in a program called Foodie Penpals that was created by Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean . I have seen others post about when they participated in the program, and it looked like so much fun!! I also thought it would be a good way to start getting connected into the blog world, since I am still new.
Basically, you give Lindsay your info and she takes on the task of matching you up with a person who you send a package to, and a person who will send a package to you (bloggers and non-bloggers can participate). The exchange occurs once a month, and there is a $15 limit on the items, which can be store-bought and/or homemade. For more detailed information about the program, please visit this link.
Onto the good stuff!! Hannah, from Hannah Violin, sent me a great package full of goodies! She already knew that I am a vegetarian from reading my blog, but I told her that I was also trying to avoid gluten for digestive issues, and she did an awesome job of including things that fit into both categories! Thanks so much, Hannah!!
- Trader Joe’s Tricolor Quinoa: LOVE this stuff, I bought it once a long time ago but forgot how much I liked it!
- Dark Chocolate Edamame: definitely opened this IMMEDIATELY upon receiving my box…so good!
- Wasabi Peas: I never would have picked these myself, but I’m so glad I got them – they’re very different, but in a good way…HOT and CRUNCHY!
- Dark Chocolate Dreams PB: no words needed. Perfect. This will be gone soon
- Sunflower Seed Butter: I go through phases of loving/avoiding this stuff, but I’m liking it a lot recently…especially in a protein bar recipe I recently made 🙂
- Skinny Skinny Soap: haven’t tried this yet, but excited to! love that it’s organic/handmade
- Numi Puerth Tea – Chocolate: also haven’t tried yet… I always forget about making tea, even though I usually love it when I do… I but promise to report back when I do try it!
Thanks again Hannah!
I sent my package to Alaina at The Jogging Concierge, and was excited to find out that she is a fellow Bostonite, and her husband has family in the town I went to college in for my first year of undergrad (in Texas)…small world! 🙂
And finally, a big thanks to Lindsay, for all of her hard work to put this program together – over 300 people participated this month!!