Just popping into share a recipe!
This is one I’ve made before, but not posted about. I prefer trying new recipes over making ones I’ve already made, as I am constantly bookmarking new recipes.
Anyway, the fact that this is my third time making this is an indication that it’s definitely a good one!
The link to the original recipe can be found here, and I am reposting it with some notes and the modifications I made. Enjoy!!
Tofu Marinara Casserole
Makes 5-6 servings, which I love because leftovers are my fave 🙂
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed for at least 2 hours
- 2 tsp freeze dried basil
- 1 TB olive oil
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- 1 red onion, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can pizza sauce (can sub tomato sauce) – I used tomato sauce this time around, but in my opinion it is WAY BETTER w/ pizza sauce, so use that if possible!
- 2 cups of steamed spaghetti squash
- 4 oz whole wheat pasta of any kind, I used TJ’s Brown Rice Fusili
as much parmesan cheese as you wantI used Nutritional Yeast
- salt & pepper
***I pre-cooked my spaghetti squash and pasta, but feel free to do those steps at any point if you are good at multi-tasking (I’m not)
1.Heat oven to 375. In a bowl, shred tofu into crumbles using a fork or grater, then add the basil (in my pictures you will see I tried to use a food processor…don’t do that, it gets too creamy)
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet (medium heat). When hot, add onion and garlic.
3. After onion and garlic are soft (5-10 min), add the tofu to the skillet
4. Add tomatoes and pizza sauce to skillet, season with S&P
5. In a bowl, combine skillet mixture, spaghetti squash, pasta, and nutritional yeast.
6. Dump this into an 8×8 pan and bake for about 20 minutes